Short breaks for people with a physical disability
Short breaks and respite
If you live with your family or carer you may be able to get support from a short breaks service. This used to be called respite. If you would like to have a short break, a social worker will need to visit you to assess your needs. You can contact Social Care Direct for an assessment.
- have a short break in a care home
- get support from Break Away to arrange a short break in the community
- arrange your own short break with a Direct Payment.
Short breaks in a care home
Your Social Care worker can help you to arrange a break in a care home.
Break Away will help you
- find the right break for you and help you plan
- find staff to support you to have a break
- make bookings and payments
- manage your Short Breaks budget.
If you have a Direct Payment, below you can search for providers who have staff who could support you to have a break. Shared Care Scotland's Short Break Search gives you information about short break possibilities.