Care homes - your home and savings
Your savings and investments
Use our form to check if you need to pay for your care using your savings and investments.
To work out your charge, we include
- bank, building society and savings accounts
- half of bank, building society and savings accounts held in joint names. If the account is in the name of someone other than a spouse or partner then that person will need to show that they have contributed to the account
- premium bonds
- shares, calculated at market value
- national savings certificates
- annuity income
- any other savings or investments.
If you own your home, we incude its value with your savings and investments.
We may also include
- savings or income bonds - you will need to provide full details
- trust funds - we need a copy of the trust document.
We may be able to ignore investments which include an element of life insurance. If you have such a product, it is up to you to clarify this with us as soon as possible.