Renting or buying commercial property from the Council

Planning and Landlord's Consent

For a planning consent you may need to apply for planning permission to alter one of our properties, or to change its use. To discuss your proposal please contact the Planning helpdesk.

Planning and Estates Services are separate bodies. Even if your idea is okay in planning terms, it may not always be acceptable to us as landlord. You should get in touch to check before making alterations.

Landlord's consent

You would need our consent for a number of different reasons. This would include, but is not limited to, a change to the building or the lease. We recommend you seek professional advice.

Our minimum fee for Landlord's Consent is £250, exclusive of VAT.

Do you have any comments about this page?

Help us improve

  • The City of Edinburgh Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.