Services offered at Mortonhall Crematorium
- an automatic defibrillator
- a car park in the grounds
- disabled parking outside the chapels
- a password-protected live webcast
- a welcome from uniformed staff dressed in a funeral dark grey tartan
- an accessible public toilet in the waiting room and crematorium office
- an induction deaf aid loop in both chapels for those with impaired hearing
- a removable pew for wheelchairs in both chapels and a wheelchair
- music from a state of the art system with access to an online library
- religious symbols representing Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, San, Sikhism and Tao - all symbols can be covered for non-religious services
The main chapel is the largest chapel in the east of Scotland. It accommodates 360 - 310 seated and 50 standing - with space for more at the entrance where speakers relay the service. We can reduce the chapel in size for intimate gatherings. TV screens allow a photographic tribute for your loved one. We can provide an organ and organist.
The pentland chapel accommodates 80 - 60 seated and 20 standing - with space for more at the entrance with speakers to relay the service outside. TV screens allow a photographic tribute for your loved one. We can provide an organ and organist.
We offer different types of memorials at Mortonhall
- Book of remembrance
- Baby book of remembrance
- Memorial walkway plaques
Mortonhall Crematorium aims to provide the highest possible standard of care. Your views are important in helping us improve our service. We would be grateful if you took a few minutes to fill in our customer survey.