New Meadowbank sports centre
Our new Meadowbank Sports Centre will open its doors in Autumn 2020.
The new centre will offer a wide range of sports facilities including
- an outdoor running track and dedicated throws area
- an indoor athletics space
- two 3G artificial pitches
- a gym with 120 workout stations
- three large fitness studios
- a gymnastics hall
- space for dojos and boxing
- two squash courts
- two sports halls
- a cafe.
We are also building an outdoor velodrome at Hunter's Hall beside the Jack Kane sports centre.
Asbestos has been removed from the old building and demolition work is likely to start later this year.
We are developing the rest of the site and are consulting on how this land will be used. This could include
- student housing
- hotel and commercial uses.
We would like to hear your views.