Getting it right for every child
About Getting it right for every child
- Page 1 of 5
- Next page
It is the national framework to help co-ordinate children's services across Scotland.
In Edinburgh, we have followed this by adopting the Getting it right for every child in Edinburgh approach to give the right help to children, young people and families, when they need it from a joined up multi-agency team.
- Lynne Porteous - Early Intervention Strategic Manager
- Mandy Shiel - Implementation Support
- Marilyn Nicholl - Voluntary Sector Lead
Local Area Coordinators
- Steff Kaye - North Edinburgh
- Gordon McLean - South West Edinburgh
- Brian Jennings - South Edinburgh
- Nancy Henderson - East Edinburgh
- Colin Johnston - West Edinburgh
Children’s Services Management Groups
Children’s Services Management Groups (CSMGs) operate across the City:
North, East, South, South West, and West. Total Craigroyston covers the Craigroyston cluster.
CSMGs comprise senior managers from Getting It Right For Every Child partners (Health, Police, Voluntary Sector and Council) who are based in or directly linked to their locality.
The CSMGs work is to focus on improving outcomes for children and young people through best use of resources and effective joint planning at the local level.
The Children’s Partnership has asked all CSMGs to develop a plan and to determine specific actions to:
- Reduce the need for children to become looked after
- Improve support for children looked after at home to reduce the need for accommodation
- Strengthen universal early years services, especially for vulnerable children and families
In developing their plans, all CSMGs are seeking to promote earlier interventions and make sure their plan has local relevance.
- Scottish Government: - Getting it right for every child is the foundation for work with all children and young people. It builds on universal health and education services and is embedded in early years and youth frameworks.
- Edinburgh Voluntary Organisations' Council: - A local organisation which helps support, develop and promote the interest and work of voluntary and community organisations in Edinburgh.
- NHS Lothian: - The health service believes working together is the best way to provide care to patients and through modernisation, they are developing an integrated health system.
- Scottish Children's Reporter Administration: - An organisation at the centre of the Children's Hearing System. The system aims to protect the safety and welfare of children and address behaviours such as offending.
- Police Scotland: - Completes the range of organisations who are working together in Getting it right.
Business Centre 1.3
Tel: 0131 469 3375