Representing local people
Ways to get involved
- become a community council member
- attend your community council's regular public meetings
- email your local community council or visit community council website, developed by Improvement Service, as part of the Scottish Government's work, in collaboration with COSLA, to enhance the role of community Councils.
Find out your community council corresponds by using the City of Edinburgh Council Atlas.
Community council scheme review
The review is underway. The scheme covers the rules and regulations governing community councils including
- election procedures
- meeting arrangements
The following steps have been taken in advance of the statutory consultation process to inform the draft proposals published for consultation:
- questionnaire to all community councils elected members and key stakeholders,
- joint meeting of community councils
- discussions with key local authority officers
- Integrated Impact Assessment, and
- Data Protection Impact Assessment.
Proposals aim to improve and update the terms and provisions of the scheme. This includes introducing a complaints procedure for dealing with breaches of the community councillors' code of conduct.
Your views are welcome on the draft scheme and complaints procedure, including elements that have not been amended. These will be used to help shape the final documents to be submitted to the City of Edinburgh Council for approval on 27 June 2019.