Details of support that is available for businesses during COVID 19 pandemic
Find Business Support
Find Business Support is a government operated web page with over 180 available support options to help businesses in a number of situations, from how to manage debt to securing additional funding. This is a very useful tool for any business, small or large to help plan their next and most effective move. The website contains very useful “search and filter” functions to help pinpoint exactly what a business may be looking for from training to funding.
Business Gateway has long been a very useful resource for businesses both established and starting out. This organisation have a number of resources available and can offer 1:1 advice that is tailored to your business. Business Gateway offer many valuable services highlighted below:
- Market Research/Information - invaluable data in the form of market research and market reports which are searchable on the website.
- DigitalBoost - Another valuable offering is free local workshops aimed at helping businesses to help boost their digital footprint, the DigitalBoost programme can give a business a health check allowing an insight into the strengths and weaknesses in their digital presence and also how Business Gateway might be able to assist.
- Local Workshops/Seminars – These sessions offer a wide ranging programme of events to give businesses the knowledge and skills to be able to implement these into their operations.
Alongside these very useful services the Business Gateway website also contains a link to the Business Loans Scotland page, who seek to invest in new and growing SMEs in Scotland who may be looking to develop and grow their business however may be unable to acquire funding through other routes.
Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce
Edinburgh Chamber is a support organisation which aims to help businesses grow through networking events, marketing support and a number of additional tools highlighted below:
- Networking – Alongside the extensive calendar of events, members gain access to the chamber membership directory which allows members to find contact details for other businesses including a named contact with their email address and phone number.
- Marketing Support – Edinburgh Chamber offers their members marketing support in the form of social media coverage, blog posts to the chamber website, news articles hosted to the chamber website and opportunities for coverage in their bi monthly “Business Comment” magazine.
- Legal, HR, Tax and Health and Safety Support – A 24/7 support line is available for businesses who may need advice or support with the above. This also comes with a document library with over 800 sample documents for businesses to utilise.
- Training – Covering a number of topics from digital marketing to sales training, Edinburgh Chamber offers an extensive training calendar to either refresh existing skills or to upskill staff.
Scottish Enterprise offer a number of business support tools to help businesses develop and grow. They offer business development opportunities and advice, opportunities to develop products/services, Information on various funding and grants available to businesses and ways to improve the skills and productivity within a business. Something that is of significant interest is the Digital Development Loan which allows businesses to improve the digital capacity and capability of SMEs. More details of the support functions are below:
- Business Development – Offers support, not only in gaining new business but supports improvements that can be made in business processes, advice on scaling your business, collaboration opportunities with other businesses and engaging in community co-operatives to collaborate with businesses local to them.
- Developing Products and Services – Supporting businesses in refining new products or services and offering insights into various marketplaces to allow for tailored support.
- Funding and Grants – Gives information on various funding avenues for a business giving details on various grants available and supports businesses in accessing information for investment funding.
- Improving Productivity and Skills – Supports businesses in improving internal process and skills from everything to working efficiently to workshops and masterclasses to develop your work force and enhance your staff.