Working in Edinburgh
Are you a skilled roadworker who’s looking for a permanent job in Edinburgh, with fixed hours and where you will only work within the Edinburgh boundaries?
We’ve got the job for you.
As a skilled roadworker with the Council, you will be a key member of our Roads Maintenance team. You will deliver road and street maintenance and improvements as well as help keep people moving safely about the city during winter weather.
We are looking for skilled roadworkers with surfacing and/or slabbing/kerbing experience in a roads environment to join our existing squads. You will be based at one of our two depots around the city.
Why work with the Council?
The benefits include:
- working locally in Edinburgh, no Scotland or UK travel
- a standard 36 hour working week
- fixed hours of 7:30am to 3:45pm on Monday to Thursday and 7:30am – 12:30pm on Friday
- up to six weeks paid leave (depending on length of time with the Council)
- Council pension with employer contributions
- paid sickness absence, health and well-being support, and other ‘family/dependent’ friendly policies
- investment in your training and continual development within working hours
- potential to increase your pay through working on the Council’s crucial winter maintenance programme as well as summer standby and occasional overtime.
We offer an environment in which workers are valued and respected with a key focus on training and development of our staff to ensure they can undertake multiple different roads operations and develop their skills base.