How you can help
A special recruitment drive is now open to help deliver vital public services across our public conveniences during the pandemic.
You may be able to apply for the following role if you’re unable to carry out your current role because your normal duties have reduced significantly or stopped.
Speak to your line manager before applying.
The post holder is responsible for
- cleaning public toilets, including but not exhaustively all surfaces, floors, fixtures and fittings to ensure facilities are clean, hygienic and serviceable.
- emptying bins and dispose of waste appropriately.
- reporting issues relating to the safety, security, maintenance and repair of public toilet
The post holder will be a first point of contact with users of public conveniences
- providing advice
- ensuring social distancing is in place at all times
- responding to problems
- acting as a link with other Council departments and agencies ensuring the highest possible standards of customer care are maintained.
The post holder will drive vehicles appropriate to licence type held to carry out associated duties with the cleaning of public toilets.
The role may include working across a number of locations throughout the day.
As these are front-line roles, colleagues with underlying health conditions, covered by the government and NHS guidance on social distancing, should not apply. We may have other roles which you’ll be able to support from home in the near future.
- Have a chat to your line manager about applying for an alternative role.
- Once you have your manager's agreement, log on to myjobscotland and complete the application form.
What happens next
Human Resources (HR) will call you to discuss your application. Ask us any questions you may have.
They’ll also discuss your application with the service’s area manager.
We'll train you before you start, where needed.