Update 28 March 2023
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update for City of Edinburgh Council colleagues
- Self-Isolation has been replaced with ‘Stay at Home’ guidance and this applies to all City of Edinburgh Council colleagues.
- Most people no longer need to take a COVID-19 test, though testing is still available to specific groups.
- You should stay at home if unwell.
- All colleagues should be following the guidance that is available on the NHS Inform webpage for Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- From 3 October, all COVID-19 absences will be recorded in line with our sickness absence policy
Highest risk list
The COVID-19 Highest Risk List ended on 31 May 2022.
The success of the vaccination programme and the availability of new medicines to treat COVID-19, means that the majority of people on the highest risk list are at no greater risk from COVID-19 than the general population.
Advice for immunosuppressed people
People who are immunosuppressed might not develop the same level of immunity from the vaccination as others. This means that some people who are immunosuppressed will still be at higher risk from COVID-19, although many do get some protection from the vaccine.
Where an employee has an immunosuppressive condition, advice on measures to be put in place should be taken from Occupational Health as the employee risk will not only be from COVID-19.