Employees - permanent and fixed term
The following has been prepared to help you understand the impact of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on different scenarios.The guidance applies to all permanent and fixed term employees.
Paid special leave, sick pay or normal salary
- Self isolation. You'll receive paid special leave for the time you were due to work.
- Sick or infected. You'll receive full sick pay for the time you were due to work.
- Care for a dependant as a result of them having COVID-19. You'll receive paid special leave for the time you were due to work.
- School or office closure due to COVID-19. If your place of work has closed, you will be paid your normal salary. We may however require you to work from home or a different location.
No paid special leave
- You don't want to come to work. We expect you to continue to work, unless there's specific evidence that says you can't and this must be provided to and approved by your line manager.
- You're travelling to or visiting a country which the Government are advising you not to travel to following FCO (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) advice. As this goes against current advice from the FCO or Health Protection Scotland / Public Health England, no special leave paid will be paid.
- Self isolation. If you have annual leave booked, but you need to self isolate due to COVID-19, then this can be added back in to your holiday allowance.
- Sick or infected. If you have annual leave booked, but you're ill due to COVID-19, then this can be added back in to your holiday allowance.