You are now able to apply for the The Trams to Newhaven Business Continuity Fund online.
This fund provides a means of support for local businesses on the route that suffer short-term cash flow issues during the construction of the project. Applications to the fund must be made within three months of the end of construction directly outside the applying business.
Please have the following documents ready before starting your Business Continuity Fund application:
- Proof of operation for at least 6 months prior to construction start date at this location: Please provide a rent / lease agreement, ownership document, etc.
- Proof of identity: Photographic ID in high definition, e.g. scanned copy of a valid passport or driving licence
- Proof of business address: for example copy of a utility bill within the last 3 months
- Proof of active trading: Business bank statements covering the last 3 months of trading showing income and outgoings and proof of 6 months of operation prior to construction start
- Level of financial hardship: Bank statements when trading prior to the start of the tram works spanning a period of three months and the corresponding set of bank statements during the tram works, for example September - November 2019 and 2020. This should be the same the three-month period specified earlier in your application.
- Valid business insurance: Copy of document
- HMRC tax reference: Copy of letter from HMRC with UTR reference visible
- VAT registration number: Copy of letter or email from HMRC with number visible (if applicable)
You have 15 minutes to fill in the necessary information per page before the session times out.
If you have any queries about the form please contact us by emailling [email protected] or call us on 0131 322 1122.