Welcome to the Trams to Newhaven document repository. Here you will find all documents related to building the line to Newhaven.
- Updated permanent designs
- Tram Act and adherence to the Code of Construction Practice (CoCP)
- Final Business Case
- Supplementary reports and information
- Financial summaries
- Other documents
- Key Performance Indicators
- Project acronyms
- Meeting papers
Trams to Newhaven final landscaping designs are available to view.
You can view past versions of our landscaping designs below (PFDs)
- Landscaping Proposals January 2022
- Indicative Landscape Designs Summer 2021
- Indicative Landscape Designs Past Versions Visuals
A report accompanying the FBC was presented by the Trams to Newhaven project team at the Transport and Environment Committee’s meeting on Thursday 28 February 2019 who recommended it for approval to Full Council.
The FBC sets out the robust strategic, economic, financial, commercial and management case for taking trams to Newhaven and outlines the project cost and timescales for councillors and was approved at a meeting of Full Council on 14 March.
COVID-19 Final Business Case Refresh
In response to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, a refresh of the final business case has been published. This review aims to assess the impact any changes in public transport demand as a result of the crises could have on the economic and financial case.
You can also read our FAQ's on the Final Business Case.
As part of our commitment to always be transparent we have also published a series of supplementary documents to the Final Business Case:
- Forth Ports Interface Report (PDF - 86KB)
- Insolvency Strategy (PDF - 136KB)
- Public Consultation Impact Report (PDF - 2.7MB)
- Scott Moncrieff Review of Financial Model (PDF - 2.2MB)
- Edinburgh Tram - York Place to Newhaven FBC Response to Scott-Moncrieff Model Review (PDF - 486KB)
- Scottish Transport Appraisal Guidance (STAG)-based Assessment of Modal Options (PDF - 1.4MB)
- Steer Report on Economic Case for Tram (PDF - 2.2MB)
- The University of Oxford - Reference Class Forecast for the for York Place to Newhaven Project (PDF - 342KB)
- Vibration and Ground Borne Noise Review Report March 2021 (PDF - 18MB)
- Project Acronyms Help Sheet (PDF - 93.3KB)
- Progress Route Maps (PDFs)
- Health & Safety Dashboards (PDFs)
- Stakeholder Communications Dashboards (PDFs)
- Support for Business Budget Spend (PDFs)
You can download our project acronyms help sheet.
- 28 February 2019: Agenda and Full Meeting Papers - Transport and Environment Committee (PDF - 14.1MB)
- 7 March 2019: Agenda and Full Meeting Papers - Finance and Resouces Committee (PDF - 12.4MB)
- 14 March 2019: Edinburgh Tram – York Place to Newhaven Final Business Case – referral from the Transport and Environment Committee (PDF - 2.9MB)
- 14 March 2019: Full Meeting Papers - The City of Edinburgh Council (14.03.19) (PDF - 16.3MB)
- 12 November 2020: Webcast - Transport and Environment Commitee
- 20 November 2020: Agenda - The City of Edinburgh Council
- 19 August 2021: Transport and Environment Committee, Trams to Newhaven – Objections to Traffic Regulation Orders (PDF)
Get in touch
We are available Monday to Sunday 8am to 7pm.