Welcome to the Trams to Newhaven document repository. Here you will find all documents related to building the line to Newhaven.
Updated permanent designs
We have updated the below drawings to take consideration of feedback received from the community. These designs, however, should be viewed as indicitive as we may need to make some minor changes as we proceed through the project.
Tram Act and adherence to the Code of Construction Practice (CoCP)
Final Business Case (FBC)
A report accompanying the FBC was presented by the Trams to Newhaven project team at the Transport and Environment Committee’s meeting on Thursday 28 February 2019 who recommended it for approval to Full Council.
The FBC sets out the robust strategic, economic, financial, commercial and management case for taking trams to Newhaven and outlines the project cost and timescales for councillors and was approved at a meeting of Full Council on 14 March.
COVID-19 Final Business Case Refresh
In response to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, a refresh of the final business case has been published. This review aims to assess the impact any changes in public transport demand as a result of the crises could have on the economic and financial case.
You can also read our FAQ's on the Final Business Case.
Supplementary reports and information
As part of our commitment to always be transparent we have also published a series of supplementary documents to the Final Business Case:
Key Performance Indicators
You can download our project acronyms help sheet.
- 28 February 2019: Agenda and Full Meeting Papers - Transport and Environment Committee (PDF - 14.1MB)
- 7 March 2019: Agenda and Full Meeting Papers - Finance and Resouces Committee (PDF - 12.4MB)
- 14 March 2019: Edinburgh Tram – York Place to Newhaven Final Business Case – referral from the Transport and Environment Committee (PDF - 2.9MB)
- 14 March 2019: Full Meeting Papers - The City of Edinburgh Council (14.03.19) (PDF - 16.3MB)
- 12 November 2020: Webcast - Transport and Environment Commitee
- 20 November 2020: Agenda - The City of Edinburgh Council
Get in touch
We are available Monday to Sunday 8am to 7pm.