Works in the Foot of the Walk section started in November 2021. See when works are expected to finish in this section.
Traffic management and site setup changed from the weekend of 3/4 December to progress project works.
Under these arrangements:
- Manderston Street open to two-way traffic.
- Traffic movements between Great Junction Street and Duke Street heading both ways will remain under two-way traffic management.
- Temporary pedestrian crossing points on Great Junction Street and Duke Street will remain in place, however, will move throughout the phasing of these works to accommodate associated works.
- Any alternative diversions will be in place which will be signposted.
- Site arrangements will move from the east side of Leith Walk to the west side of Leith Walk, between Crown Place to Jane Street.
- Pedestrian access to properties will always remain in place.
Traffic management plans can be found below in the Downloads section.
Parking and access
Parking enforcement will remain in place on Great Junction Street, Manderston Street and Gordon Street to accommodate the diversion route.
Bus stops will remain in place on Leith Walk. Details of any bus diversions can be found at www.lothianbuses.com .
A Support for Business package is in place, devised in consultation with businesses in the area, which includes a local voucher scheme, an ‘open for business’ campaign across a range of media, and a business continuity fund.
Please note that from the weekend of 3/4 December 2022 logistics provision will be relocated between Crown Place and Crown Street to help with deliveries and dispatches. Please get in contact with our teams should you have any specific requirements.
Localised works are ongoing to construct the new cycle lanes. As a result, the existing cycle diversion routes will remain in place until completion.