Advice for consumers
Consumer advice is provided by Advice Direct Scotland who offer free, confidential and impartial advice on consumer issues.
You can contact them by calling 0808 164 6000
You can get advice on
- goods that are faulty, not fit for their purpose, or described incorrectly
- services that have not been carried out with reasonable care and within a reasonable time or for an acceptable price
- what to do if you think you have been scammed.
If after speaking to Citizens Advice Consumer Service you require further assistance, you can contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
Contact us to arrange a talk or workshop if the members of your community group are interested in finding out more about
- rights and responsibilities as consumers
- how to complain effectively
- avoiding scams
- setting up a No Cold Calling Zone.
Trading StandardsAddress: Business centre 2.02,
East Neighbourhood Centre,
101 Niddrie Mains Road,