Coronavirus Strategic Framework Business Fund
If your business is required to close by law or to significantly change its operations due to COVID-19 restrictions from 2 November 2020, you may be eligible to apply for grant funding.
You can check if your business is eligible for this fund on the Scottish Government website.
This support is separate from, and in addition to, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Restrictions Fund to support employees and businesses impacted by local COVID-19 restrictions, from 9 October until 1 November. Applications for that funding closed on 3 November.
What you can get
If your business is required to close by law: Business Temporary Closure Fund
If your business is required to close by law you could be entitled to a temporary closure grant, every four weeks, of one of the following:
- £2,000 if your business premises has a rateable value of up to and including £51,000
- £3,000 if your business premises has a rateable value of £51,001 or above.
An upper limit of £15,000 in total in any four-week period will apply to any eligible business operating multiple premises.
If your business is required to modify its operations: Business Restrictions Fund
If your business is specifically required to modify its operations, as specified by the schedules of The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions and Requirements) (Local Levels) (Scotland) Regulations 2020, or specified in the levels list on the Strategic Framework Business Fund eligibilty page, you may be entitled to a Business Restrictions grant, every four weeks, of one of the following
- £1, 400 if your business premises has a rateable value of up to and including £51,000
- £2,100 if your business premises has a rateable value of £51,001 or above.
An upper limit of £10,500 in total in any four-week period will apply to any eligible business operating multiple premises.
How grants will be paid
Grants will be paid every four weeks in arrears. We are planning for the first schedule of 4 weekly payments to be made to eligible businesses who have fully completed an online application form on Thursday 26 November 2020.
You will not need to re-apply if restrictions are extended beyond four weeks.
When restrictions end, any final payment in arrears may be adjusted to reflect the duration of the restrictions to the nearest week.
Whether your business is eligible will depend on where your premises are located and what level of restrictions are in place at any point in time.
You can check the protection level (tier) for your area on the Scottish Government website.
You can apply if
- your business has been directly impacted by restrictions, and the type/ sector is specifically mentioned in the list below
- you have a business bank account - this is the account your grant will be paid into if your application is successful
- your business is registered for non-domestic rates - if you pay rates through a landlord rather than directly to a local authority you can still apply but must provide evidence through a copy of the lease agreement.
Limited companies (including Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisations), sole traders, trust and partnerships can apply provided they meet the above criteria.
If your business operates multiple premises you can apply for grants for each premise. You must complete an application for each premises through the Local Authority area in which your business is headquartered. The maximum any one business can receive will be restricted, regardless of the number of premises.