Back to school safely
To help us keep our educaiton settings open, we’re sharing advice on steps to take to help limit the potential spread of Covid-19 and make sure schools and childcare settings can remain open.
Protecting all of us, takes all of us
Advice for drop off and collection
We are encouraging anyone who needs to drop off or collect children from the school gates to:
- wear face coverings
- stay two metres apart
- stick to one adult when dropping off and picking up children
- avoid car sharing and limit the use of public transport
- look out for symptoms at home and follow current Test and Protect guidance.
Advice for people who live close to schools
We're also asking residents who live close to schools to play their part by
- making use of widened footways where they have been installed
- getting to know new routes home where closures and one-way systems are in place
- only parking and loading in designated places
- keeping hedges, bushes trees cut back to make space on footways.
For more advice and tips, head to the Scottish Government’s Parent Club website.