Letter from Lorna French to parents and carers
Dear Parents and Carers,
I am writing to inform you of the Industrial Action that Unison plans to take on Wednesday 8th November in the city’s schools and early years centres. We have risk assessed the potential impacts with Headteachers and Heads of Centre and regret that we will be unable to safely open many of our buildings to pupils. This letter provides headline details which will be updated on the council website shortly. Secondary school Headteachers will confirm the specific arrangements in their schools.
- Early Years
Standalone Centres – fully or partially open
Early years classes in Primary Schools – closed
- Primary Schools
- Special Schools
- Secondary Schools
Fully or partially open – individual arrangements apply – Headteachers will write to confirm.
Please note the following
- Secondary school pupil attendance will be tracked at the start of the morning and afternoon only, i.e.not period by period
- Schools and settings will share their planned learning and check-ins with you in due course
- Contingency Learning will be available on the Council website with updates from individual Headteachers
- Free School Meal payments for eligible families will be sent out by the Council’s Transactions Team 10 November 2023
- Out of School Care and Lets will take place in certain schools, as advised directly by the provider and Let Holder, and updated on the council website
With sincere thanks for your understanding.
Service Director Education and Chief Education Officer