School allocations for P1 and S1 places - August 2021
School allocation decisions update - 13 July 2021
Decisions on placing requests have been sent to parents who submitted placing requests between 12 June 2021 and 11 July 2021.
Placing requests will remain open until 31 July 2021 for the 2021-22 school year. These will be answered before 13 August 2021. Thereafter you must apply direct to the school of your choice for P1 or S1.
Previous decisions were issued on
- 24 June 2021 for placing requests received between 24 April 2021 and 11 June 2021
- 28 May 2021 for placing requests received between 25 December 2020 and 23 April 2021
- 26 March 2021 for placing requests received up to up to 24 December 2020.
In addition, we answered catchment school requests on 26 March 2021 for
- all catchment Roman Catholic school requests received up to 28 February 2021.
- all requests to change the preferred catchment secondary school received up to 28 February 2021.
Places in non-denominational catchment schools
Children registered for P1 before 1 March 2021 were guaranteed a place in one of their catchment schools.
P7 children due to go to high school were allocated a provisional place in their catchment high school.
If your child was provisionally allocated a place in their RC high school and you made a placing request for your non-denominational catchment school, we have granted these requests.
Schools contacted parents to confirm places and arrange inductions before the beginning of June 2021.
All catchment places are reserved on the understanding children will be resident at the same address by the start of term in August 2021.
Places in Roman Catholic catchment schools
Children who are baptised in the Roman Catholic faith were guaranteed a place in their catchment Roman Catholic school if we received proof of baptism by 28 February 2021.
All decisions were notified by letter.
Turned down requests
If your request has been turned down, please read through your letter carefully. You can
- appeal against our decision to the Placing in Schools Appeal Committee
- ask us for a place in an alternative school which has available places. The schools with available places are listed on page 2.
Do not send your appeals to us as these are dealt with by our Committee Services divison.
Waiting list movement
Initially there is unlikely to be much movement on waiting lists. We make decisions on nursery deferrals and special schools and classes in April - this may create some additional places.
We can't provide you with an update each time your waiting position changes. If a place becomes available we will contact you to let you know.