Why do we have to take action?
The case for change in Edinburgh city centre is social, economic and environmental:
- a changing climate with the city’s target to be carbon neutral by 2030
- rising health concerns from inactive lifestyles and poor air quality
- a growing and ageing population, alongside high numbers of visitors
- keeping the city centre as a liveable place for residents
- making it easier to move around for older people, those with physical and sensory impairments and young children
- supporting the economy and our outstanding heritage through sustainable travel and high quality public spaces.