Apply for planning permission

Starting work

You may find you are required to complete a notification of initiation of development or a notification of completion of development. If your application is

  • national
  • major 
  • a bad neighbour.

Development such as a public house, must also display a sign whilst the work is ongoing.

Download the notification forms - PDFs

You may need other consents.

Planning help desk

The Planning Help Desk is currently operating as an email service. You can contact us at