Register as an outdoor fitness instructor
We encourage outdoor fitness instructors who use Edinburgh's parks and greenspaces to agree to a code of conduct and register their details with us.
Please adhere to the following:
- give due consideration to other park users by keeping to the quiet corners of parks and leaving room , especially on paths
- keep noise levels to a minimum, particularly early in the mornings
- avoid using children's play equipment.
- make yourself familiar with the UK Active outdoor code of practice.
- ensure you use different areas of the park to avoid damaging the ground
- do not attach any equipment or rope to trees
By adhering to these conditions you can
- reduce your impact on the parks and other parks users
- set a good example to other trainers
- deliver a safe and quality service for your customers.