All three and four year olds and eligible two year olds are entitled to 1,140 hours a year (30 hours a week if taken in term time) of funded early learning and childcare.
We are keen for experienced childminders with care inspectorate evaluations of good or better to work in partnership with us to provide funded early learning and childcare for parents / carers in Edinburgh. Newly registered childminders with a one of the following qualifications SNNEB, NNEB, HNC or SVQ3 in Childcare and Education are also welcome to apply.
Benefits of working in partnership with us
- Continuity of care for children as parents / carers can choose to take their funded early learning and childcare with their existing childminder
- £5.42 per hour for funded early learning and childcare and £3 meal payment
- Support through network meetings
- Access to free training including induction training, Child Protection level 2 and additional support for learning / inclusive practice training
- Free e-learning
- Support with self-evaluation and quality improvement
Watch a short video explaining the different ways parents / carers can use their funded early learning and childcare, including a blended model with a partner childminder.
Join us via Microsoft Teams if you are a childminder and are interested in applying to work in partnership with us on Tuesday 1 February and Wednesday 11 May 7pm to 8pm.
To book a place or if you would like an information pack and a copy of the application form, please email Early Years Strategic Development Officer, Lisi Black