Due to Covid-19, it is not possible to give an exact date for completion.
The new centre will offer a wide range of sports facilities including
- an outdoor running track and dedicated throws area
- an indoor athletics space
- two 3G artificial pitches
- a gym with 120 workout stations
- three large fitness studios
- a gymnastics hall
- space for dojos and boxing
- two squash courts
- two sports halls
- a cafe.
We are also building an outdoor velodrome at Hunter's Hall beside the Jack Kane sports centre.
To allow the development of the new sports centre we need to remove some trees from the site. We plan to recycle the wood. Some will be used to create furniture, fittings and toys for local nurseries but we are keen to commission some items of furniture or external features near Meadowbank. Send your suggestions to [email protected].
Overall more trees will be planted on the wider site than are removed.