Please note that most face to face training is temporarily suspended but online training is being offered in some areas.
Learning and development courses
We offer a range of learning and development courses to
- Council staff working with children and families
- charities and voluntary organisations
- partner nurseries
- independent schools and other authority staff.
Courses are free to all Communities and Families (C&F) staff unless otherwise stated.
Child protection, statutory and mandatory courses are free for our partner nurseries, except course CF1540: Child protection level 1/2 update for partner provider centres (nursery and early years).
Voluntary and non-profit making charitable organisations can have one member of staff on a course per establishment for free. Organisations must be registered as a charity with the Office of The Scottish Charity Regulator. Other members pay the same rates as those for our partner nurseries below.
Our rates per person are
- non Children and Familie Council staff - £30 per session or £60 per day
- partner nurseries - £30 per session or £60 per day
- other establishments - £60 per session or £120 per day
Book a course
Council staff can find out how to book or cancel courses on our intranet The Orb.
Cancel a course
There is no charge if you cancel your booking.
Non-staff and those without access to myHR should contact
If you don't attend a course you have booked the charge is
- £50 for a full day
- £25 for a half day or one session course.