Decisions on school places
- P1 and S1 school admissions (selected)
- Schools with available places in P1 or S1
P1 and S1 school admissions
Places in catchment schools
Children registered for P1 by 28 February 2019 are guaranteed a place in one of their catchment schools.
P7 children due to go to high school are allocated a provisional place in their catchment high school.
We do not send confirmation letters to parents about catchment school places, unless you requested a place in your catchment Roman Catholic school.
Schools contact parents to confirm places and arrange inductions.
All places are subject to the child being resident at the same address at the start of the school year in August 2019.
Roman Catholic schools
Children who are baptised in the Roman Catholic faith are guaranteed a place in their catchment Roman Catholic school if we received proof of baptism by 28 February 2019. This is subject to the child being resident at the same address at the start of the school year in August 2019.
We turned down places for non-baptised catchment children at
- Holy Cross Primary
- St Andrew’s Fox Covert Primary
- St Catherine's Primary
- St Cuthbert's Primary
- St Francis’ Primary
- St John Vianney Primary
- St John's Primary
- St Joseph's Primary
- St Mary's (Edinburgh) Primary
- St Ninian’s Primary
- Holy Rood High
- St Thomas of Aquin's High.
We sent decision letters on 18 March 2019.
Since the initial allocations were completed, we have now offered places to all catchment children requesting St Mary’s (Leith) Primary.
Non-catchment placing requests
We make decisions on non-catchment placing requests depending on the date received.
If we received your placing request
- by 24 December 2018 we sent you a letter on 18 March 2019
- between 25 December 2018 and 14 April 2019, we will send you a letter before the end of April 2019.
- on 15 April 2019 or later, we will send you a letter within two months of your application date.