Edinburgh Child Protection Committee
ECPC helps children and young people achieve their potential
Our vision is ‘For all children and young people in Edinburgh to enjoy being young and achieve their potential’.
Download our annual report below.
The Edinburgh Child Protection Committee brings together people from various agencies involved in child protection. Our role is to lead the way in how statutory and voluntary child protection services are managed. We take forward child protection policy and practice in Edinburgh. With our partners, we also help to do this across Scotland.
To achieve our vision, we need to make sure that our children
- have the best start in life
- are successful learners, confident individuals, effective contributors and responsible citizens
- who are at risk or have a disability have improved life chances
- are physically and emotionally healthy
- are safe from harm and fear of harm
- are not held back by poverty and inequality.
Children at risk are a priority. We are working to
- increase how many children feel safe, happy, respected and valued in the family
- reduce how many children need to be ‘looked after’ or helped by child protection services
- make sure that children in need of protection get help straight away
- improve the life chances of looked after children
- strengthen support and outcomes for children with disabilities or additional support needs.