Shielding for vulnerable people ended on 1 September. Read the latest Scottish Government information for people who are
You are now able to leave your home following these changes. This includes people who were shielding or at increased clinical risk such as
- over 70s
- pregnant women
- people who receive the flu jab for medical reasons, but not advised to shield
If you must self-isolate due to suspected COVID-19 symptoms or members of your household have symptoms, you must also not leave your home. Read the guidelines for people with possible coronavirus infection on NHS Inform.
We will stop delivering food parcels from 1 October. The last orders we can accept will be on Wednesday 30 September. Most supermarkets offer a home delivery service. If you need support, please see the links under further information and support.
Other groups that can help
Volunteer Edinburgh's Community Taskforce has fully trained and insured volunteers who are able to help anyone who needs support with practical tasks such as shopping, pet care, dog walking or small gardening tasks. If you or someone you know needs help please contact them on 0131 225 0630 or e-mail [email protected]
Further information and support
We also have lots of information on our Coronavirus webpages which might give you the advice and information you need without contacting us:
National helpline - If nobody can help you get the food and essentials you need or if you cannot afford to buy them, please phone the national helpline on 0800 111 4000 or contact via textphone on 0800 111 4114, open Monday to Friday. If you’re calling out with working hours and this is an emergency, please call our Care and Response service on 0131 200 2000.
- Supporting parents, children, young people and carers
- Information and advice for council tenants
- Looking after yourself – mental health and wellbeing
- Homelessness services
- Council tax, benefits and welfare advice
- Get help with food and medicine deliveries
- Help and information for people affected by dementia
- Replacement batteries or repairs for your hearing aid