Visit the organisation's website or contact them for details and to book.
- in North East locality
- in South East locality
- in South West locality
- in North West locality
- across the city
- for targeted groups.
Magdalene Community Centre summer programme
Monday 5 July to Monday 16 August
Summer holiday provision for all ages throughout the holidays at Magdalene Community Centre and the Brunstane Primary School grounds. Our groups cater to children and young people aged 6 to 17years and allow the children freedom of choice by involving them in the planning of activities. We also provide a lunch club Monday to Friday.
- Magdalene Minis for ages 6 to 8 - Monday and Wednesday from 10:30am to 12 midday.
- Lunch club for all children and young people - Monday to Friday from 12 midday to 2pm.
- Juniors for ages 8 to 11 - Tuesday and Thursdays from 2 to 4pm
- Inbetweeners for ages 10 to 14 - Monday to Friday from 7 to 9pm
- Seniors for ages 12 to 17 - Tuesday and Saturday from 7 to 9pm
Pilmeny Development Project summer programme 20215 July to 6 September at Pilmeny Resource Centre, 15 Buchanan Street.
We offer a range of COVID-19 compliant play activities, trips and outings and evening youth cafes and drop in for children and young people in Leith. Places are limited and must be booked in advance.
Play activities take place Monday to Thursday from 10am to 4pm from 5 to 29 July.
Evening youth cafes and drops in take place on Mondays at 4:30 to 8pm from 2 August to 6 September.
Muirhouse Youth Development group summer program
Primary 6 to 5th year (10 to 18 years)
Various Adventure sports and youth drop in clubs
Monday to Friday from the 5th of July to the 13th of August
0131 332 3356
Family play sessions
These are fun play sessions for children with autism who currently access Tailor Ed Foundation's services.
Ages 5 to 16 years
Every Wednesday from 30th June to 18th August inclusive
Morning session from 10.00am to 1.00pm Afternoon session from 2.00pm to 5.00pm
Broughton St Marys
Lifelong Learning Liberton-Gilmerton summer programme
- sports, mostly football and dance
- environmental arts
- trips to venues such as the zoo.
Ages ranges are dependent upon particular activities where, although there are family activities, most are aimed at ages 10 to 18.
Activities take place 9am to 5pm.
0770 889 9550
Clovenstone Community Centre summer programme
Summer activities for ages 5 to 18years, including
- summer fun days
- youth clubs
- football camp
- family trips
- groupwork programme
- trip away.
9 July to 5 August at Clovenstone Community Centre.
0131 453 4561
Dads Rock Academy Summer Camp
Ages 7 to 16.
Weeks of 5 July and 12 July from 9am to 1pm at Edinburgh College Sighthill Campus, Bankhead Avenue, EH11 4DE.
Working in small groups with our tutors, making music and writing their own songs. No musical experience is needed. Each day students will have the opportunity to learn and play a variety of different instruments, work together writing songs and playing in small groups and bands.
Sighthill Community Centre summer fun
28 June to 9 August
- Young mums group on Mondays 10:30am to 12 midday in local parks
- P6/P7 girl group on Mondays 4 to 5:30pm at Clovenstone Community Centre
- P1 to P7 youth club - Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4pm at Fairmilehead Park
- Area 55 Youth Club P5 to S2 Wednesdays' 4-6pm at various venus.
0771 942 0421
A Wee Haven Summer by The Wee Haven Project
In partnership with The Wee Haven Youth Project, the young people of Wester Hailes have planned a packed summer programme of fun and engaging activities for those aged 11 to 16. All activities are free of cost and include a hot meal, with Pizza Hut, Cosmo and Frankie & Benny's some of the places we'll be eating.
- Tuesday 6 July - Bowling and laser tag at Fountain Park
- Thursday 8 July - Camera Obscura
- Sunday 11 July - Five Sisters Zoo - family trip
- Tuesday 13 July - Time Capsule Swimming
- Thursday 15 July - Gravity Trampolining
- Sunday 18 July- Dalkeith Country Park - family trip
- Tuesday 20 July - Foxlake Foxfall
- Thursday 22 July- Bowling and laser tag at Fountain Park
- Sunday 25 July- North Berwick Beach (Family Trip)
- Tuesday 27 July- Edinburgh Dungeons
- Thursday 29 July- Foxlake Foxfall
- Sunday 1 August - Maid of the Forth Boat (Family Trip)
- Tuesday 3 August- Edinburgh Festival
- Thursday 5 August- Edinburgh Festival
- Saturday 8 August - Family BBQ.
Summer Football Programme
Our programmeis designed for boys and girls (ages 5-12yrs) providing the highest quality age appropriate football coaching with the emphasis on fun and safety.
Portobello High School and Leith Academy
Dates and times
19 July to 13 August 2021
Connect through climbing
Two separate full days of outdoor rock climbing for two groups of disadvantaged young people. Two Groups from Edinburgh will be taken to Perthshire to connect and gain confidence through rock climbing. 10 young people in each group.
A rock crag at Benny Beg near Comrie. Find directions for benny beg on climbscotland.net. Parking near by and very safe for beginner climbers.
Dates and times
12 August to 30 August 2021
9am to 5pm
City wide activities by the Youth and Children Strategic Team
For details on these activities contact
0770 889 9561
Open All Hours
Fun sports activities for P7 to S1 on Fridays from 7 to 9pm in Edinburgh Leisure venues:
- Drumbrae Leisure Centre
- Gracemount Leisure Centre
- Wester Hailes Education Centre
- Royal Commonwealth Pool
- Jack Kane Centre.
2 July to 13 August.
Scottish Youth Parliament drop-in
Drop in sessions for the prospective Scottish Youth Parliament candidates taking place on 8 July, 22 July and 12 August.
Summer trips by Citadel Youth Centre
For ages 13 to 25 years that are already attending the Citadel services:
- Young Mums Group
- Careers Cafe
- Boyz Tok Group
- Games Club
- Senior Youth Club.
9, 21, 22, 26, 30 July and 5, 6 and 9 August from 12 noon to 5pm.
Streetwork south west Edinburgh
We will be walking the streets of south west Edinburgh from 5 July to 5 August speaking to hard to reach young people aged 12 to 20 asking them what activities we can get them involved in.
Autism football by Team United
Supported football sessions for young people aged 8 to 16 with a diagnosis of autism. Whether a beginner or experienced player. You people may join our weekly sessions if you wish.
We cannot accept a young person who requires one-to-one support or has personal care needs.
Sessions take place 9 to 13 August frpm 10:30am to 12:30pm at Meggetland on Colinton Road.