The Fountainbridge regeneration is a redevelopment of the former fountain brewery.
The masterplan for the site was approved in 2016 following an extensive programme of community consultation. Regular engagement on proposals for the site has continued with the Fountainbridge Sounding Board, a forum bringing together the area’s key stakeholders.
The redevelopment includes
- 436 new homes including 113 social homes
- Circa 10,000 sqm (net) of office space
- New shops
- High quality public realm
- an extension to Boroughmuir High School
- Refurbishment of the Printmakers
Work so far
- The Council bought the site in 2012.
- The new Boroughmuir High School opened in February 2018.
- A masterplan for the rest of the Fountainbridge site was agreed in 2016.
- Detailed design approvals for W1 - 4, W3 and W4.
- Cruden Homes (East) Limited with their bid partner Buccleuch Property, awarded £1.1million contract for the pre-development services for the site.
Cruden Homes (East) Limited will complete the pre-development work to prepare for construction, including finalising designs and selecting a net zero carbon energy solution for the entire site, contributing to the Council’s ambitious target to reach net-zero emissions by 2030.
It is anticipated the full development will start on site early 2022 and be fully built-out by 2025.
The public will be given opportunities to comment on the designs for the site during public consultations.