The Fountainbridge regeneration is a redevelopment of the former fountain brewery.
The redevelopment includes
- 434 new homes including 112 social homes
- 10,333 sqm (net) of office space
- new shops
- high quality public realm
- an extension to Boroughmuir High School.
Work so far
- The Council bought the site in 2012.
- The new Boroughmuir High School opened in February 2018.
- A masterplan for the rest of the Fountainbridge site was agreed in 2016.
- Detailed design approvals for W1 - 4, W3 and W4.
The Council is working on a strategy to develop the site. We expect enabling works to commence in 2019. The site is expected to be fully built-out by 2025.