Online forms: Renew your Residents' parking permit
Please note: This form will time-out after 10 minutes. If you think you are likely to spend more than 10 minutes completing this form please register as a user. This only takes a few minutes and will allow you to save and resume forms at any time.
To renew your permit you need to provide:
1. Your address - please use the format specified on your Council Tax bill
2. Your current permit number - this is printed on your permit and your reminder letter.
3. Your Council Tax number - this is found on your Council Tax bill and will end in '13'.
4. Which parking zone you live in - you can check this on our parking zone map or your existing permit.
5. From the vehicle's registration (V5C) document either the:
* Engine size (CC) for vehicles registered before 1 March 2001, or
* CO2 emissions (g/km) for vehicles registered on or after 1 March 2001. (The only exception to this is for vans as CO2 is not detailed on the V5C document).
6. Identify if this is the 1st or 2nd permit for your household. If a permit has been already been issued to another household member since 29 November 2010 then your application will be for a 2nd permit, incurring an additional 25% charge.
7. The price of your permit. You can work this out before starting this application form using the permit price calculator. As prices changed on 1 April 2013, your new permit price may be different from your existing one.
Following submission of this form you will receive an email with a web reference number.
Your application should be made at least 7 working days in advance of the date for which the permit is required. Your permit will be issued to you by post. Your vehicle cannot be parked in a permit place unless a valid permit is clearly displayed.
If you have a Blue Badge then we presently cannot accept renewals using this form. Please complete a residents parking permit application form. If you require assistance with your application please call the Permit Section on 0131 469 3203.