To apply for student Council Tax discount or exemption, you need to complete one or two forms depending on the University or College you attend.
To complete this online form you need to provide your
- previous Edinburgh address, if applicable
- landlord or agent contact details, if known
- personal details - name, date of birth, email address
- term time address - postcode, move in date, Council Tax account number if known
- single or shared occupancy - names and student status of adults at the same address
- student details - University or College, course name, matriculation number, course start and end dates.
For students outwith Edinburgh
If you are a student at a University or College outwith Edinburgh, or you have opted out of your University or College sharing your matriculation details, find how to apply for student Council Tax discount.