To apply for student Council Tax discount or exemption, you need to complete one or two forms depending on which University or College you attend.
1. Details of term-time address (this online form) - required from all students
To complete this form you need to provide:
- Your details - name, date of birth, email address
- Study details - University/College, course name, matriculation number, course start/end dates
- Term-time address - postcode, move in date, Council Tax account number if known
- Single/shared occupancy - names and student status of adults at the same address
- Landlord/agent contact details - if known
- Previous Edinburgh address - if applicable
2. Confirmation of student status (PDF form) - may be required, depending on University/College attended
If you are a student at a University/College outwith Edinburgh, or you have opted out of your University/College sharing your matriculation details, you have to complete a Confirmation of student status form (PDF). You additionally need to complete this online form to provide details of your term-time address.
If you are a full time student at Edinburgh University, Heriot Watt, Napier, Queen Margaret, Edinburgh College of Art or Edinburgh College and provided permission for that organisation to share your matriculation details with the Council, you do not need to complete the student status form. You only need to complete this online form to provide details of your term-time address.