Report work without planning permission

Report a possible breach of planning control

Breaches of planning control can include unauthorised changes of use of land or buildings and work being carried out without planning permission. If you are unsure, check if the work has permission.

Not all work on properties requires permission - this is called permitted development. The Scottish Government website provides details on what is considered to be permitted development.

Report a suspected breach

Report a suspect breach of planning control

You can also write to us at the address below. Please provide

  • your name and address
  • the address where you believe there has been a breach
  • the date you believe the breach began
  • information about why you believe a breach has occurred.

It is helpful if you provide your phone number and email address. Your contact details will not be passed on but we may contact you for further information and update you on our investigations.

We aim to respond to all enquiries within 10 working days. The planning enforcement charter sets this out in detail.

Substantial unauthorised works to a listed building, including the removal of features such as

  • windows 
  • fireplaces 
  • doors
  • boundary walls

should be reported immediately.

Issues not controlled through planning enforcement


Address: Waverley Court
4 East Market Street