Notice of Election
Electoral Ward No. 14 Craigentinny/Duddingston
I, the Returning Officer for the City of Edinburgh Council, hereby give notice that a by-election is to be held for the return of one councillor for Electoral Ward 14 of the City of Edinburgh Council, Craigentinny/ Duddingston.
If the by-election is contested the poll will be held on Thursday 12 November 2020 between 7am and 10pm.
Standing for election
Nomination papers are available from the Election Office, City Chambers, High Street, Edinburgh EH1 1YJ. The office is open for the issue and delivery of nomination papers on weekdays from 10am to 4pm.
- Place to collect and deliver nomination papers - Election Office, City Chambers, High Street, Edinburgh EH1 1YJ
- First collection/ delivery permitted - 10am, Friday 25 September 2020
- Collection/ delivery permitted - between 10am and 4pm on any working day until the deadline given below
- Deadline for delivery of nomination papers - 4pm on Monday 12 October 2020
Nomination papers may be obtained at the places and times mentioned above and from the Council website at www.edinburgh.gov.uk/elections
Applications for registration, postal and proxy voting
Applications to be included on the register of electors or for postal or proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer, 17a South Gyle Crescent, Edinburgh EH12 9FL by the dates given below:
- Register to vote - Tuesday 27 October 2020
- New postal vote applications (including proxies applying to vote by post) - 5pm on Wednesday 28 October 2020
- To cancel or alter postal and proxy votes, or to change from postal to proxy voting - 5pm on Wednesday 28 October 2020
- New proxy vote applications - 5pm on Wednesday 4 November 2020
- If, after 5pm on Wednesday 4 November 2020, you are unable to vote in person because you
- Have a medical emergency.
- Learn you cannot go to the polling place because of work reason.
- You are following Scottish Government advice or the advice of a registered medical practitioner in relation to coronavirus
- You can apply to vote by proxy. Completed applications must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Thursday 12 November 2020.
For advice on postal or proxy voting, contact
Electoral Registration Officer
17a South Gyle Crescent,
Edinburgh EH1 9FL
0131 344 2500
City Chambers, High Street
0131 469 3126
24 September 2020