Application deadlines for the Scottish Parliament Election 2021
- new postal vote applications, including proxies applying to vote by post - 5pm on Tuesday 6 April 2021
- to cancel or alter postal and proxy votes, or to change from postal to proxy voting - 5pm on Tuesday 6 April 2021
- register to vote - Monday 19 April 2021
- new proxy vote applications - 5pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021
- to vote by proxy, after 5pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021, on the grounds of a medical emergency or where you learn you cannot go to the polling station because of work service reasons - 5pm on Thursday 6 May 2021.
You must be on the register of electors to vote.
Register to vote or update your details on GOV.UK.
You can also register by calling the Electoral Registration Office.
The Electoral Registration Office send every domestic property a household enquiry form in August. The form does not register people to vote. If you add any new people to the form, the office will send an invitation to register form.
Who can register to vote
- be aged 14 or over
- have no legal incapacity to vote
- be a citizen who has the right to remain resident in Scotland irrespective of your nationality.
You may not be eligible to vote in every election.
You can register to vote if you are homeless or living in a hostel.
Read about voting in the UK on GOV.UK.