Notice of Election
The City of Edinburgh Council – Election of Councillors
Date of Election – Thursday 5 May 2022
Councillors are to be elected for each of the 17 wards of The City of Edinburgh Council. The number of Councillors to be elected for each Ward is as follows:
NUMBER OF COUNCILLORS TO BE ELECTED
- Nomination Papers can be obtained from the Election Office, City Chambers, High Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1YJ and the Council’s elections page. The Election Office is open for the issue and delivery of Nomination Papers on weekdays from Tuesday 15 March 2022 between 10am to 4pm.
- Completed Nomination Papers must be delivered to the Election Office, City Chambers, High Street, Edinburgh EH1 1YJ by 4pm on Wednesday 30 March 2022.
- An election will be held in each contested ward and voting will take place between 7am and 10pm on Thursday 5 May 2022.
- Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the address below by 12 midnight on Monday 18 April 2022. Applications can be made online via the government website.
Postal or Proxy Voting
- Any elector may apply for a postal or proxy vote at this election.
- Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the address below by 5pm on Tuesday 19 April 2022.
- Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the address below by 5pm on Tuesday 26 April 2022.
- Applications to amend or cancel existing proxy arrangements must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the address below by 5pm Tuesday 19 April 2022.
- Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election, i.e. made after the 26 April 2022 deadline on the grounds of; disability suffered after that deadline (or, for applicants who suffered a disability before the deadline, their disability meant that they could not reasonably have made an application in time), work/service reasons, following Scottish Government advice or the advice of a medical professional in relation to coronavirus, being detained in a hospital under the civil sections of the Mental Health (Care and Treatment) (Scotland) Act 2003 or for Scottish prisoners serving a sentence of 12 months or less, must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer at the address below by 5pm on Thursday 5 May 2022. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on Tuesday 26 April 2022.
Contact details of Electoral Registration Officer
|Gary Elliott||City of Edinburgh||Electoral Registration Officer at 17A South Gyle Crescent, Edinburgh, EH12 9FL||0131 344 2500 or email email@example.com|
ANDREW KERR OBE
Returning Officer for the City of Edinburgh
Helpline: 0131 200 2315
Dated: 14 March 2022