We know that Christmas is going to be a bit different this year, but staying active is a great way to keep your spirits up and find ways to still enjoy the lead up to Christmas.
You can take part in our active advent calendar this festive season to help you
- stay active
- get outdoors more
- keep calm
- help boost your festive cheer.
The calendar has lots of simple ideas to help you along the way. Some are just about taking a break from your daily routine and others are about getting out and experiencing the magic of Christmas.
Some ideas include
- taking a walk or cycle to your local shops for some festive shopping
- seeing Christmas lights near you but leaving the car
- taking a break from work at lunchtime with a walk around your neighbourhood
- getting some fresh air along the coast or on one of Edinburgh's seven hills.
How to take part
The calendar suggests a different activity each day. Anyone can join in:
- Key workers needing fresh air
- Working from home and need a break
- Fed up being stuck indoors
- Need to get the kids to burn off some energy
You can do as many of the activities are you want and can be in with the chance to win prizes on some activities.
Enter the prize draws
If you take part in the activities you win a prize. To win either a £50 Love to Shop voucher or £50 voucher for a local shop / hospitality venue of your choice follow the steps below.
- Take part in any of the activities
- Share your activity-related picture on your own social media pages using the hashtags #EdinburghActiveAdvent #ActiveTravelChampions
- Email your picture and a screenshot of your social media post to [email protected]
If you don't have social media, just email us your photo instead.
We'll then contact you if you're a lucky winner!
By formally accepting a prize, you are giving permission for STANTEC to pass your contact details to Sustrans, upon which an employee of Sustrans Scotland will use your contact details to facilitate the direct digital delivery of your £50 voucher to your email address. Sustrans will not use your personal details for any reason other than administering the prize. Sustrans is committed to protecting your privacy and personal data. For more information visit www.sustrans.org.uk/privacy
Get your workplace involved
If you would like to promote the calendar to colleagues within your workplace, email the Workplace Travel Planning team
We can send you some materials to help you spread the word. We'd also be happy to chat to you about other ways you can promote similar activities in your workplace.