You may be able to get a discount on your Council Tax bill if you belong to a religious community.
Who can apply
To qualify, you must
- be a member of a religious community whose main occupation is prayer, contemplation, education, the relief of suffering or a range of these
- have no capital or income except a pension from a former employer
- depend on the religious community for your material needs.
Amount of discount
We may offer
- a 25% discount if you live with another adult
- a 50% discount if you live alone or only with others who qualify.
This discount reduces your Council Tax, water and sewerage charges.
We regularly review our Council Tax discount requests. We may ask you to provide more information or evidence.