Person receiving Child Benefit

Over 18 Child Benefit discount

You may be able to get a 25% discount on your Council Tax bill if you receive Child Benefit for someone over 18, who is in full time education and is living with you. You must be the only adult in your home other than this person.

You should forward written evidence of the Child Benefit payment to the address below quoting your web reference number. This number will be provided in a confirmation email after you have submitted the online form.

This discount reduces your Council Tax, water and sewerage charges.

We regularly review our Council Tax discount requests. We may ask you to provide more information or evidence.    

Apply for a child benefit discount