Edinburgh Choices - The Action Group - Black and Ethnic Minority Advice Service (BEMAS)
|Name||The Action Group - Black and Ethnic Minority Advice Service (BEMAS)|
BEMAS is for carers of children with a disability or additional needs, from a Black and Ethnic Minority Community.We offer 1:1 advice and group sessions to support you in your caring role.
BEMAS can give you the confidence to:
- ask for help and support from services
- explain your situation and get your voice heard.
The knowledge to:
- understand your rights and your child's rights
- find out what help and services are out there for you.
- all your entitlements
- we can help you with forms and phone calls
- useful services
- we can go along to important meetings with you.
The Service is free, confidential and impartial.
|Support for||People with autism, people with a learning disability, people with a mental health condition, people with a physical disability, people with a sensory impairment, children under 16, carers or parents, black / ethnic minorities|
|Accessibility||Home visits, providing an interpreter|
|What to do next||
You can contact BEMAS yourself or a professional can make a referral on your behalf. If you have a query on whether you meet our criteria then we are happy to discuss, please give us a call.
|Address||The Action Group, Norton Park, 57 Albion Road, Edinburgh|
|Phone||0131 475 2315|