Monuments in Parks and Greenspaces - The Royal Scots Greys Monument

Monument The Royal Scots Greys Monument
Location West Princes Street Gardens
Information This equestrian bronze depicts a Royal Scots Dragoon Guard (Carabinier and Greys) in uniform with bearskin hat, sword and rifle, it is by William Birnie Rhind (1853 - 1933) and was unveiled by the Earl of Rosebery on the 16th November 1906. The eagle insignia on the plaque was adopted by the regiment, after Ensign Ewart captured it from the French at the battle of Waterloo in 1815. Plaques to commemorate the regimental fallen in two World Wars, 1914 -18 and 1939 - 45 were added later.
Contact museumsandgalleries@edinburgh.gov.uk
Location map