We want to stop waste being created and encourage the reuse and refurbishment of goods. When this is not possible, we seek to recycle or recover the energy used to create the product.
The strategy aims to
- change behaviour and attitudes in Edinburgh
- reduce the amount of waste being sent to landfill
- complement the Scottish Government's zero waste plan
- find out what's in household waste bins that could be recycled
- promote waste reduction and reuse campaigns
- work in partnership with the community sector and other organisations.
The strategy runs from 2010 to 2025. It was reviewed in summer 2018.