We are a lead partner in Edible Edinburgh, a group of organisations and individuals that work together to promote sustainable food in the city.
The plan looks at issues such as
- food poverty
- access to land for growing
- how growing our food affects climate change
- training for jobs in the food sector
- what support is needed to let everyone play their part in changing our food system and culture for the better.
Edinburgh Food For Life Partnership
The Edinburgh Food for Life partnership brings together
- the Council
- NHS Lothian
- the University of Edinburgh
- the Soil Association
to promote better and more sustainable food in the public sector.
The partnership is making food in our
- care homes
healthier, better for the environment and sourced in a sustainable way.
All of our schools and five of our care homes hold at least the Soil Association's bronze Catering Mark award. The University of Edinburgh was the first university in Scotland to be awarded it.
Food cities network
Edible Edinburgh is a founding member of the UK-wide Sustainable Food Cities network.