Our city housing strategy covers all tenures and types of housing. The strategy sets out the priorities for delivering housing and related services.
We focus on three groups, people who
- live in a home they can afford
- live in a warm, safe home in a well-managed neighbourhood
- can move home if they need to.
We review the strategy each year.
We plan to
deliver 10,000 new affordable and low cost homes by 2022/23
- expand services that help reduce living costs for tenants
- bring existing homes and neighbourhoods up to the same quality standard as new build homes
- improve energy efficiency of homes
- work with Health and Social Care partners to help meet the housing and support needs of a changing population
- review the use of temporary accommodation and explore different ways of supporting homeless households.