The annual verification performance report
- provides information about our building standards service
- communicates our vision and strategy
- sets out performance against strategic goals and targets.
The balanced scorecard is a strategic planning tool that is used in business organisations to improve communications and monitor performance against strategic goals.
Building Standards verifiers in Scotland are required to use the balanced scorecard to manage, monitor, review and develop strategies to improve the service they provide. It focuses on
- quality customer experience
- operational and financial efficiency
- professional expertise and technical processes.
We are required to publish our continuous improvement plan for each quarter as part of the business scorecard.