Council tenants rents were frozen for 2021/22.
The rent for your home pays for services such as repairs and will continue to deliver improvements to Council homes throughout the city. You are responsible for making sure the rent for your home is paid in full. If you experience difficulties paying your rent please seek early advice.
- advise you how to apply for housing benefit and Universal Credit housing costs
- discuss the different ways you can pay rent
- put you in touch with money advice services
- advise you how to pay your arrears by affordable instalments
- discuss extra money you may be entitled to but are not claiming
- give you advice and assistance to apply for benefits to resolve your benefit problems.
Ways to get advice
To get help with your debts speak to the Advice Shop on
0131 200 2360.
Read more about welfare reform and benefit changes.
If you are unable to appear in court or decree has been granted for your eviction and you are at risk of homelessness contact Edinburgh Housing Advice Partnership on
Or Civil Legal Assistance Office (CLAO) on
0131 240 1960
or alternatively email
You risk losing your home if you don't ask for help when behind with your council rent.