Updated January 2021
We love our parks - they're great to escape to for both our physical and mental health. If you are visiting a park as part of your daily exercise please make sure you continue to follow current national guidance on gatherings, distancing and hand hygiene. Play parks, mixed use games areas, tennis courts, outdoor exercise equipment and skateparks are also fully open for use.
- you should not share food and drink between households
- to keep your distance – where possible stay at least 2m away from others
- to keep dogs on a lead or under close control; don’t let them approach other people
- to take your litter and dog poo bags home with you.
Pentland Hills Regional Park
- Reduce the risk of transmitting Coronavirus by using gloves or hand gel if you need to open gates.
- If you go into a field of farm animals, keep dogs on a short lead or close at heel and keep as far as possible from the animals.
- If cattle react aggressively and move towards you, keep calm, let the dog go and take the shortest, safest route out of the field.
- Find out more about the Pentland Hills Regional Park on their website.
Kiosks / Concessions in parks
These will operating take-away food and drink in line with Government guidance. Please do not congregate to eat or drink; make your purchase and move on taking any litter home with you. These simple actions will really help to relieve the pressure on our stretched services.
Our green space teams are currently operating and are working through their winter maintenance programme in our parks and green spaces. This includes clearing and widening pathways and cycle paths and cutting back hedges and shrubs to allow people to continue to use our parks and paths whilst keeping a safe distance. Whilst this work is underway for the safety of everyone, we ask you to please give workers space and adhere to our signage and physical distancing guidance.
These remain open as we know that allotments offer some much-needed exercise and support wellbeing at this difficult time. Please continue to follow national guidance on distancing and hand hygiene before and after touching anything such as gates and standpipe taps.
Litter bins in parks
Where possible please take your litter, including dog poo bags, home and put them in your grey landfill bin or your black communal bin. This simple action will help to relieve the pressure on our stretched services.
Our Garden Aid service has stopped for the season and will recommence in Spring 2021. Find out more and apply for the Garden Aid service.