Updated 21 October 2021
These libraries have reopened:
- Fountainbridge - due to use as a COVID-19 asymptomatic test centre, closed from 8pm on Wednesday 27 October and will reopen at 10am on Tuesday 9 November.
- McDonald Road
- Ratho (mobile library)
- South Queensferry
- Wester Hailes
Corstorphine Library is scheduled to reopen on Monday 25 October 2021.
Muirhouse Library is scheduled to reopen on Monday 25 October 2021 in a temporary home at Edinburgh College, Granton Campus.
Closed libraries - COVID-19 test centres
The following libraries will operate as COVID test centres until further notice
- Leith Library
- Newington Library
- Oxgangs Library
- Sighthill Library at Gate 55.
The buildings are operated by the NHS for this period and no library transactions or staff will be available during this time.
Safety measures in libraries
Please remember that numbers will be limited in the buildings due to the safety measures in place:
- you must book your visit in advance to use some of our services – book a visit online or by phoning the library. Find phone numbers for libraries.
- physical distancing measures will be in place
- you must wear a face covering unless you are exempt.
Services available on reopening
The buildings will be open by appointment for
- using computers and the internet
- using a study space
- processing bus passes (National Entitlement Cards)
- collecting hearing aid batteries.
You don't need to book to browse and borrow books, return books or pick up free sanitary products.
Read about libraries’ reopening on the Your Library website.
Your library is always open online to borrow ebooks, audiobooks, magazines and newspapers.
Thank you for your continued understanding and patience.
Community centre reopening guidance
We have guidance for community centres reopening, covering topics as
- health and safety
- trusted keyholder procedure
- COVID guidance
- COVID signage.
Management Committees (MC) may find these documents useful.
These documents include the temporary missive which MCs will need to sign before access can be granted for indoor activity. The temporary missive places additional responsibilities upon the MC.
If your MC wishes to restart activities, please contact your locality lifelong learning manager to discuss.
Fire Safety in Community Centres