Higher clinical risk conditions and diseases
The Scottish Government regularly reviews the conditions included in the shielding groups. It currently covers people:
- who have freceived solid organ transplant
- with specific cancers
- with severe respiratory conditions including all cystic fibrosis, severe asthma and severe COPD
- with rare diseases and inborn errors of metabolism that significantly increase the risk of infections (such as SCID, homozygous sickle cell)
- on immunosuppression therapies sufficient to significantly increase risk of infection or who have had their spleen removed
- who are pregnant with significant heart disease, congenital or acquired.
Please check the Scottish Government website for the most up to date informaton on shielding groups.